What likely was intended to be a pleasurable morning off the coast of San Diego for at least two dozen people turned into a nightmare of horrific proportions. A San Diego boat accident resulted in a watercraft with at least 24 people on board overturned at Point Loma near the tide pools. At least two passengers are now reported to have died in the wreck, with at least 20 taken to area hospitals.
Little information currently is available about the capsized boat as of midday in Southern California, beyond at least two passengers having been killed. What is also known about the San Diego boat accident is that 20 other people have been pulled from the water by emergency responders from multiple agencies. Emergency personnel from the San Diego Fire Department, U.S. Coast Guard, Federal Fire, San Diego Life Guards, and others from various local agencies are on scene at this time.
Reports about the capsized watercraft are only developing at this time. What is known as of noon is:
- 93 emergency personnel responded from the San Diego Fire Department alone.
- The condition of all of the nearly two dozen people pulled from the water is not specifically known as of this time.
- At least one person pulled from the water is described as being in CPR status.
- The conditions of at least two or three people rescued from the San Diego boat accident is thought to be serious.
- The medical state of the remaining rescued individuals evidently required medical attention, with these individuals being taken to hospitals in San Diego and Shelter Island.
- The specific cause of death of the two people killed in the disaster is not yet known.
- Names of none of the victims have been released pending notification of family members.
- The owner of the watercraft is now yet publicly known.
If you or a loved one have been injured in some manner as a result of the San Diego boat accident, the legal team of The Doan Law Firm is here for you right now. You can reach a skilled, experienced, and compassionate San Diego boat accident lawyer right now or at any other time by calling us at (760) 991-0000. Our phone line will be staffed around the clock, seven days a week.
A nationwide law firm, The Doan Law Firm has a hometown office conveniently located in San Diego:
Doan Law Firm
350 10th Avenue
San Diego, California 92101
We can schedule an initial consultation for you with a San Diego boat accident lawyer at our office, at your home, or at any location convenient for you. We can also arrange an initial consultation with you virtually as well.
Attorney Jimmy Doan is a nationally recognized authority on drowning cases of different types, including tragic events like the fatal San Diego boat accident. In addition to heading up The Doan Law Firm, Jimmy has garnered multiple aquatic certifications, including for emergency response.
The Doan Law Firm makes a San Diego boat accident fee promise to you. Our firm will never charge an attorney fee unless we win your case for you. We will fight tirelessly on your behalf to obtain justice for you.