Splashville, a popular water park in Stephenville, shut down over the weekend as a result of a tragic Texas drowning accident that took the life of a 4-year-old child on Saturday evening. Information is scant regarding the specific facts surrounding this tragic Texas water park child drowning accident.
Emergency personnel arrived at the water park just before 8:00 p.m. Saturday. Lifeguards and patrons were involved in performing CPR on the child at the time of the arrival of the EMTs. According to witnesses, the child was found unresponsive in what has been described as a pool at the water park. There is no specific information available at this time about how the drowning incident occurred.
A multi-agency investigation is now underway to examine the circumstances surrounding the Splashville drowning accident. Agencies involved in the investigation at this time are:
- Stephenville Police Department
- Texas Parks and Wildlife
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Rangers
The Stephenville Police Department has issued a brief statement that advised “all indicators are that this is a tragic accident.” The name of the victim of the Splashville drowning accident is not released because of the child’s age. The child appears to have been visiting the water park with family, traveling to Splashville from Central Texas.
Grim Facts About Water Park Child Drowning Accidents
Texas is experiencing intense heat already this summer. This reality has resulted in water parks being filled to capacity in many instances across the Lone Star State. While Texas water parks truly an excellent way to beat the heat during summer months, as the Stephenville child drowning accident demonstrates, these venues can also be dangerous. In the aftermath of this latest Texas water park child drowning accident, a number of points need to be kept in mind by parents, facility operators, and others:
- An average of 390 drowning deaths occur each year among children under the age of 15, according to the according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Drowning is a leading cause of death for children and the third leading cause of unintentional injury death around the globe, according to the World Health Organization.
- Water parks are high-risk locations for drowning, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Children are at a higher risk of drowning at water parks. This is because water parks have a lot of people in limited spaces. In addition, it can be challenging for younger children to navigate the various attractions, such as wave pools and water slides.
- Children can drown quickly and silently, even in shallow water. It only takes a few seconds for a child to lose consciousness and slip underwater.
- Proper supervision is fundamental to prevent water park drowning accidents. Gaps in or inadequate supervision are common contributing factors to water park child drowning accidents.
Protecting Your Legal Rights Following a Tragic Texas Child Drowning Accident
If you are the parent of a child injured or killed in a water park drowning accident, the dedicated, compassionate, and experienced legal team at The Doan Law Firm is here for you. You can reach a Doan Law Firm water park drowning accident lawyer by calling us at (800) 349-0000. The Doan Law Firm water park drowning accident lawyer telephone line is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year, including all major holidays.
The Doan Law Firm has offices located in the state of Texas. The firm is a nationwide practice with 40 offices located across the United States. An initial consultation with a Doan Law Firm water park frowning accident can be scheduled at any of these offices. In addition, an initial consultation can be scheduled in your home or any other location convenient for you. A virtual case evaluation with a water park drowning attorney can be conducted online as well. There is no charge for an initial consultation.
Doan Law Firm Attorney Fee Guarantee
The Doan Law Firm has an attorney fee guarantee. Our firm will never charge an attorney fee unless we win your case for you. Our water park drowning accident lawyer team will fight tirelessly on your behalf to obtain justice, accountability, and the compensation you deserve in your case.